Friday, August 30, 2013

Rorschach Tests


Inspiration is a mysterious creature and it can come when you least expect it. Esther Lobo got an idea to create these re-envisioned Rorschach Tests when working on another photograph. In her words... Rorschach Food series is a private and personal project. The idea for these photos came to me while I was working on another image using ink. Then I started thinking of the Rorschach Tests and thought about doing something similar using food instead of ink.
The stains were made completely manually with my own hands and without post-processing tricks. I used soft plastic plates (Foamy). Then I dropped foods such as mustard, squid ink or soya over the plates. After bending the plates I obtained the symmetric stains. Finally I have placed the source of the stain over the symmetrical image, and so documented the psychological portrait of each food stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment